Business Plan is a document that will define and plan your business. It is the plan that will walk you through your business going toward success. It is the plan, the guide and the roadmap to your business success.
If you want to know what a basic business plan is because you need to create one, then you may want to read on below.
We will discuss the components of a basic business plan and how you can do them well for your business.
Basic Business Plan Components
• Executive Summary
• Business Description
• Market Analysis
• Competitive Analysis
• Design, Development and Management Plan
• Financial Factors
Discussion of the Basic Business Plan Components
1. The executive summary. While there is the executive summary, some business plans shows what the details of their business several pages away in their business plan. This should not happen.
The concept of a business plan executive summary is that you have to show the person or entity reading your business plan what your business is and why they should trust your business in few sentences.
2. Business Descriptions. This part of the basic business plan should detail your business. It will answer the who, what, when, where and how of your business. It is where your business is right now.
While the business plan is your roadmap to business success, the business description part will define where the road starts.
3. Market Analysis. Market analysis is where you will identify the road that will lead to success. Know who your customers will be. Identify them by gender, age, income and identifiable parameters like young professionals or housewives.
You will also know how to offer and market your products well to your customers in this part of the basic business plan.
4. Competitive Analysis. Part of the way that will lead you to success is the review of your competitor. If there is anything in your business that is a bit gray for you. By analyzing your competitor, you will understand who they are and how do they operate. You will also know how they reach potential customers in your industry. You will then, be able to find customers through your competitive analysis.
In the concept of a road to success, competitors may be the roadblock but they can also pave the way to understand the road well.
5. Design, Development and Management Plan. To pave the way towards success, you will need to design how to get to where you want. Use the data you have gathered along the way. Identify the strategies, distribution model and servicing that your customers will require.
If product development is necessary, this is where you plan and implement them. Likewise, if you will need employees, describe their duties and responsibilities in this portion of the basic business plan.
6. Financial Factor. Finally, you will need money to operate your business. If you are doing it on your own and you are running your business online, you will need to cover your bills and your family requirements. Especially, if you are full time with your business, your family requirements will have to be covered.
Operation-wise you will need to fund your internet connection, electricity and supplies. Prepare funds for 3 to 6 months of operation. If you are able to market your business well, you may see money coming in starting on the 6th month of operation. Thus, you will need funds until then.
Your basic business plan is your guide and your roadmap to success. Make sure that you understand each area of your business plan. This will make sure that you will recognize when success comes.
If you need help in setting up your business and in business planning, you may want to contact our team of expert business consultants here. They will guide you and offer recommendations for your business.